In case any of you are looking for things to read/listen to/check out:
25. What’s your new favourite thing this year?
- Katy and Katie: Just The Tips, my fave new webseries
- The Toast, home of the inimitable Mallory Ortberg & Nicole Cliffe
- Sleeping in a queen bed after a lifetime of sleeping in a single
- Showing up late to things sometimes
26. What were the best books you read?
- Life on Mars by Tracy K. Smith
- Dispatch From the Future by Leigh Stein
- Inferno (a Poet’s Novel) by Eileen Myles
- Blue Nights & The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- How Literature Saved My Life by David Shields
- Leaving the Atocha Station by Ben Lerner
- What There Is To Say We Have Said: The Correspondence of Eudora Welty and William Maxwell edited by Suzanne Marrs
- A Field Guide to Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit
- Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro
27. What was on frequent rotation on your iTunes this year?
So let’s get this out of the way, my top 5 favourite songs off BEYONCÉ in rough order are: XO, ***Flawless, Pretty Hurts, Blow, and Partition.
- To Kill A King
- The Staves
- Sleigh Bells' Bitter Rivals
- Tegan and Sara, Heartthrob
- Chvrches, whose name I always say in a bad Scandinavian accent
- Lorde, like everyone else in the world
- Jinja Safari are super cute
- The Vaccines
- The 1975
Full review here.